Are dental prosthetics created to protect and repair teeth that are damaged or decayed. it can be made to look nearly identical in both shape and color to a patient’s natural teeth, it provides both an aesthetic repair and protection from further damage. Crowns are used when:
- Capping a tooth that has had a root canal
- Correcting a discolored or misshapen tooth
- To mount a dental implant
- Securing a bridge
- Provide protection for a weakened tooth
- As a substitute for a large filling
Crowns require the same good oral hygiene as natural teeth. They should be brushed twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and flossed at least once a day. Visiting the dentist twice a year for a professional cleaning and checkup. To prevent damaging crowns, avoid chewing hard foods or ice.