Among the most common dental emergencies are:
- Wisdom tooth pain and infections
- Permanent adult teeth that are knocked out
- A cracked tooth
- A chipped tooth
- Injuries and cuts inside the mouth
- A lost crown or filling
- Gum pain, swelling, or abscess
We can minimize dental emergencies by :
- Wear a mouthguard when participating in sports.
- Don’t chew ice, popcorn kernels or hard candy. These can cause a tooth to crack.
- Don’t use your teeth to open or cut things. Always use scissors.
- Visit the dentist for routine exams and cleanings twice a year. Without regular check-ups, dental issues can go undetected and turn into serious, emergencies.